What does content marketing mean and should I be doing it?
Content marketing provides relevant and valuable content that form part of an overall marketing strategy. A content marketing strategy is a combination of your team’s creativity and expertise, and also business goals you have set out for your business to help attract new customers.
The content that a business provides should use specific audience and sector knowledge, as well as using search engine optimisation, digital PR and creativity.
When people think of content marketing, they usually think of a blog. Blogs are important for helping your business climb to the top of search engine rankings, but content marketing can involve much more than just a simple blog. Below is a list of different options to include in a digital marketing strategy:
- Infographics and images
- Social media posts
- Case studies and testimonials
- E-books, books and audiobooks
What is the point of content marketing?
Content marketing has many benefits and can achieve several goals for your business, here are just some benefits of implementing a content marketing strategy:
- To grow your audience with new and relevant potential customers
- To help people get to know, trust and like your business.
- To entertain, engage or educate your existing audience.
- Moving your prospects closer to purchasing from you.
- To retain your relationship with existing clients and turn them into long-terms fans of your company.
- Lead generation – exchange valuable content for your site visitors’ contact details
What does content marketing mean to your business?
Content marketing is a way to provide consistently compelling information to your audience. And ultimately, this means you’re likely to succeed as a business.
Your goals, target audience and your businesses messaging will determine what the most suitable content is for you to produce.
When producing content marketing, remember to keep in mind a couple of things:
- Entertain, engage or educate your audience.
- Prioritise the content that you know will appeal to your audience.
- Make sure your audience can get to know, like and trust your business.
If after reading this you’re still struggling for inspiration, and you are not sure how to go about creating a brand new content marketing strategy, then get in touch with a digital marketing agency.
Keeping your social media and website up to date with fresh and engaging content can be time-consuming. At Vizulate, we work with you to create a steady stream of regular and relevant content that keeps your business in the forefront of your customers’ minds.
For more information on how we could help, contact us here.