Vizulate has recently become a Disability Confident employer. The Disability Confident scheme supports employers to make the most of the talents disabled people can bring to the workplace.
What exactly is a Disability Confident employer?
Essentially, this means Vizulate is willing to interview and recruit people regardless of disabilities, as well as this, it means offering work experiences and shadowing experiences to those with disabilities.
As a Disability Confident employer we have committed to:
- Ensuring our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible
- Communicating and promoting vacancies
- Offering an interview to disabled people
- Anticipating and providing reasonable adjustments as required
- Supporting any existing employee who acquires a disability or long-term health condition, enabling them to stay in work
- At least one activity that will make a difference for disabled people
Through Disability Confident, thousands of employers are:
- Challenging attitudes towards disability
- Increasing understanding of disability
- Removing barriers to disabled people and those with long-term health conditions
- Ensuring that disabled people have the opportunities to fulfill their potential and realise their aspirations
Vizulate Digital director Scott Brant said: “It’s great to be officially recognised as a Disability Confident employer – though we have always adopted an inclusive ethos.
“Though we are just a small team of five full-time employees, we pride ourselves on recruiting the best people for the job irrespective of the disabilities they face.”
For more information on the Disability Confident scheme – click here.