Vizulate is seeking a Junior Web Developer to join our small but growing web design and development agency.
Vizulate specialises in custom websites, ecommerce websites, and integration solutions across a wide range of sectors. We are now looking to expand our development team with the addition of a junior web developer following a period of sustained growth.
We are looking for somebody who has experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Building custom WordPress and/or WooCommerce websites
- Creating optimal user journeys
- Identifying & resolving technical issues
You will be involved in the development of new web projects and will also work on the maintenance and continuing development of existing client sites.
This is an opportunity to join a growing business which has been trading for 6 years.
Working within a small team under a senior developer, the role will be very varied and cover the following:
- Development of custom websites and web applications using WordPress & WooCommerce
- Website testing and deployment
- Website maintenance – including carrying out essential updates and thorough testing on staging environments before rolling out to live environments.
- Website troubleshooting and problem solving
- Improving website performance
- Oversee hosting environment including: performance optimisation, maintenance and backup best practice, security best practice and DNS management.
- Updating management on development projects progress
- Updating clients on bugs/support issues
- Attending client meetings with managers, where required, to obtain and understand requirements.
- Interpreting business requirements to be able translate them into technical requirements.
- Communicate with internal team members, clients and third parties at a technical level.
The essential skills/experience required are:
- Attention to detail in technical areas
- Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
- Problem-solving skills
- A methodical and logical approach
- The ability to plan work and meet deadlines
- A willingness to learn
The following skills and/or knowledge, though not essential, would give candidates a strong advantage:
- Working with and creating custom themes
- Demonstrable WooCommerce experience
- Knowledge of web standards and cross-compatibility.
- Experience of Github
- Turning website designs into functional websites
- Data Analysis & Manipulation
- Experience of working with MySQL databases and use of PHP My Admin
- Experience of Laravel
The ideal candidate will:
- Love what they do, and remain up to date on the latest development standards and best practices to ensure the business stays current and relevant.
- Have great jargon-free communication skills
- Really care about the client’s needs
- Be commercially aware of client and user requirements
- Be comfortable working to agreed deadlines
- Work well under pressure
- Be self-sufficient, responsible and passionate enough about their work to deliver projects to a high-standard, on schedule with minimal management.
- A team player who is comfortable both educating fellow team members, and also learning from them.
There will be an opportunity to learn new skills, qualifications and experience in dealing with a wide range of clients and industries in a small, but friendly and enthusiastic, team, as well as personal development time through access to premium online courses and training.
- 21 Days paid holidays to start, rising to 25 after 4 years’ service
- 1 Mental Health Day
- 4 Days Fixed Paid Holiday between Christmas and New Year
- Relaxed working environment
- Early finish on a Friday (4.30pm – deadlines/workload permitting)
- Flexible working / WFH some days
- Free parking
- Personal development through access to premium online courses and training
Working hours are Monday – Thursday 9am – 5pm with an hour for lunch, Fridays 9am – 4.30pm with an hour for lunch.
This role is being advertised during a period of social distancing. Though we have measures in place to ensure a safe work environment, home or remote working will be possible during this time. However, the role will be primarily based at Vizulate Digital’s office in Elland, West Yorkshire when normal working conditions are possible. The office is located on the main bus routes between Huddersfield, Halifax, Bradford and Leeds.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £21,000.00-£25,000.00 per year
To apply, please email your CV for the attention of Scott Brant to email@example.com
CALLS FROM RECRUITMENT AGENCIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED & EMAILS WILL NOT BE REPLIED TO