Being a blogger can be hard work sometimes! Trying to come up with fresh new content all the time can be difficult, and writer’s block is inevitable.
Personally, when I’m struggling for ideas I get my notepad and pen out and write everything I’m potentially thinking of writing down onto some paper. Once it’s jotted down on paper it’s easier to see which ideas are worth going forward with, and which ideas are total rubbish. Then one by one I will take the idea I’m happy with, create a blog title and then create a mind map around the blog title that presents the topics within the blog I want to write about. Then I go from there.
Clearing out your mind and popping all your ideas down onto some paper can really help you when it comes to writing a good blog post. But sometimes people run out of ideas and don’t have any at all. Trust me, we’ve all been there, and it can get so frustrating.
Below are 7 topic ideas that can be used when you hit that wall:
- Write about the news – Great blog posts can come from simply searching on Google news for relevant news in your industry, and writing an opinion piece on the topic. For example, if you are interested in digital marketing news, type in digital marketing and read the news articles related.
- Tips and tricks – Create a tips and tricks blog post that your readers may find useful. For example, if you are a beauty company, it could be useful for readers to use tips on skincare.
- Step-by-step – Explain something in more detail for your reader. If you are a make-up artist, you could write a step-by-step guide on how to do a particular makeup look.
- Reviews – If you’ve recently used a new tool or resource relevant to your business’s industry, write a review commenting on the positives and negatives.
- Events – If you work for a company that gets involved with events and exhibitions, make sure to blog about them! Keep your readers updated with any current company news.
- Meet the team – Write about each member of your company’s team, introduce the reader to individual members and tell them some interesting facts about them.
- New trends – Keep up to date with new trends in your industry, tell your readers your opinion on the trend and where you see the future of the trend going.
It’s possible you have all the ideas in the world, but little time to write a blog. If this is the case it could be worthwhile looking into getting a digital marketing agency to help you with all your content creation needs, and you can pass your ideas onto them. Blogging is so good for your business and will drive traffic to your website which will, in turn, create more sales and leads for you.