We know, we know! It’s not even December yet. But November is going by quickly and it will be Christmas before we know it.
Christmas is famous for being very lucrative for B2C businesses, particularly in the retail sector. B2B businesses, however, do not typically leverage the opportunities throughout the festive season in their marketing activities, simply because they’re not sure what to do.
Below are 8 tips which B2B businesses can implement as we head into December
- Offer your clients something for free – B2C brands do this frequently at Christmas time, think a beauty gift set that comes with a free make-up bag for example. However, although something free is always appreciated by the consumer, a make-up bag isn’t something they would have necessarily bought anyway, so they’re not benefiting massively. But for a B2B brand, you can provide something useful and meaningful, that a client would actually need and would have bought otherwise. For example, if you’re a software company, you could offer your clients a month’s free access to your software.
- A series of content – It is a good idea to produce a series of content around Advent or the 12 Days of Christmas. The content could be in the form of product or service overviews or interviews. If this seems too time consuming, then you could release a new tip or fact everyday on your social media accounts.
- New Year offers – Christmas will be over as quickly as it will come around, so it’s good to leverage the opportunities that New Year will bring. If clients have a leftover budget, then offer them an exclusive ‘sign up now’ offer. Equally, if they don’t have any budget, then provide incentive for them to get the conversation started again in the New Year.
- That’s a wrap – December signals the end of another year, therefore you should be identifying something you can do as a business which will be useful to a client as we enter a new year. This could be running a free or discounted report on their activities for the year in a particular area, or helping them to make proposals for the New Year.
- Keep it traditional – Writing personalised Christmas cards to all of your current clients and warm clients will remind them that you’re thinking of them and as a result this will make then think of you.
- Events marketing – Organising a Christmas get together is a great opportunity to have some fun and do some networking! It’s also a great way to generate new leads and keep existing ones warm.
If you feel like you don’t have enough time for these activities, then getting a digital marketing agency to help could be worthwhile.
Whether you need some help with your social media posts or you have a lot of news and offers you want to get out to your clients through email and content marketing, then Vizulate Digital can help..
Contact us here if you want more information on our digital marketing solutions.