It’s so important to incorporate video into your digital marketing strategy. Video is dominating social media channels, and if you aren’t creating video, then you’re likely to fall behind your competitors who are using video to gain the attention of their (and your) prospective customers.
Creating a video doesn’t have to be expensive like people think, so there really is no excuse as to why you shouldn’t be posting a short video on your social media every now and again.
Why it’s important to focus on video marketing in 2019
More than 50% of consumers want to see video from brands, more than any other type of content. A video on a landing page is capable of increasing conversion rates by 80%, and 90% of customers say a video helps them during the buying decision.
Video is continuing to not only transform how businesses market and consumers shop, but it’s also revolutionising how salespeople connect with and convert prospects.
Video is incredibly useful throughout the entire flywheel theory, and not just as a way to increase brand awareness.
The 12 types of marketing videos
- Demo videos: A demo video showcases how your product or service works.
- Brand videos: A brand video showcases your business’s vision, mission, and products and services. The goal of a video like this is to build awareness around your company.
- Event videos: Event videos are a great way to show any fundraisers, conferences or networking events that your business is hosting.
- Expert interviews: A video like this is a way of capturing interviews from internal experts or thought leaders in your industry. Expert interviews are a great way to build trust and authority.
- Educational or how-to videos: Instructional videos can be used to teach your audience something new.
- Explainer videos: This type of video is used to explain to your audience why they need your product or service.
- Animated videos: Animated videos are great at explaining hard-to-grasp concepts that need strong visuals to help the audience understand.
- Case study and customer testimonial videos: A good way to show your audience that your product or service will help solve their problem, is by creating a case study video that features your satisfied and loyal customers.
- Live videos: Live videos are great at showing viewers a behind-the-scenes look at what goes on at your company.
Before you start recording/creating your video, it’s important to establish the purpose of your video. This means pinpointing what action you’d like your audience to complete after watching it. Make sure to ask yourself two simple questions: who’s your target audience? What’s the goal?
Keeping on brand with your video, and answering these two questions, will ensure your video is a success.
If you want to start creating more videos but you’re unsure where to start, then getting a digital marketing agency to help you could be worthwhile.
At Vizulate, we can create stunning high-resolution corporate videos and product features as well as fun animated infographics that engage and inform your customers.
As well as storyboarding, scripting and creating your video or animation, we also have access to a range of voiceover artists who’ll provide the dialogue for your video in whatever tone or accent you require. And, with access to thousands of music tracks and sound effects, we can also provide the soundtrack to accompany your moving images. We can even come up with bespoke jingles for your videos!
For more information on how we can help you create a great video contact us here.