What is digital marketing?
Digital marketing is promoting and selling products/services by using online marketing tactics such as social media marketing, search engine optimisation, online advertising, content marketing and email marketing.
Digital marketing is a great way for businesses to get their message in front of both prospective and current customers.
Most customers, for most businesses, turn to the internet first when they begin researching a product or service. Therefore, it makes sense to do digital marketing.
Having a blog, active social media platforms and a good website is so important, because online is where your customers spend a lot of their time; scrolling through Facebook and Instagram, and browsing the web.
Leveraging digital marketing tactics means your prospects can see you, learn more about you and your products/services.
How does digital marketing work?
Because most purchasing decision now begin online, an online presence is necessary, regardless of what you sell.
To develop a marketing strategy it’s important to do the following:
- Be present on social media platforms that your customers use.
- Create content that keeps them updated with the latest news they may be interest in.
- Invest time or money in Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), so your content will show up on Google’s search engine result pages.
- Run paid-for advertising campaigns on Google, Facebook and Instagram to drive relevant traffic to your website.
- Email marketing to keep in contact with your customers with information they may find useful or products and services you know they want to buy
What are the benefits of digital marketing?
- It will create engagement and awareness.
- Convert potential customers into buyers
- Convert new buyers into loyal customers and fans of what you do.
- It will encourage social sharing (retweets, likes, Facebook shares).
- It will help shorten the buyer journey.
How to create a digital marketing strategy
- Build your buyer personas.
- Identify your goals and the digital marketing tools you’ll need.
- Evaluate your existing digital channels and assets.
- Audit and plan your owned media campaigns.
- Audit and plan your earned media campaigns.
- Audit and plan your paid media campaigns.
- Bring it all together.
If you know your business needs a digital marketing strategy, but you’re still unsure how to go about implementing one, then getting in touch with a digital marketing agency may be worthwhile.
At Vizulate, we aim to understand exactly what your digital marketing goals are and devise the perfect digital marketing strategy to achieve them. Whether it’s increasing brand awareness, online sales, generating leads, or a combination of these – we’ll utilise the right digital marketing platforms to engage with your target audience and execute your agreed strategy. We monitor the effectiveness of everything we do which allows us to make adjustments to your strategy to maximise your digital marketing budget.
For more information on how we could help, contact us here.